Tuesday, February 14, 2012

 Pink, Red, and Love...

Happy Valentine's Day!  So...of course I am dedicating today's post to today's holiday!  After a few months of observing the pink/red fashion trend, I thought today should be the day for me to share my thoughts on this color combo.  As a child, pink was my favorite color...what little girl didn't like pink, right?  Then at some point, red took over the color universe for me, and there was no turning back.  Aside from black, red rules a major percentage of my closet.  Finally we arrive at the question...pink and red together?  Sure, I had my doubts, but as with many things in life, sometimes you just need to say, "I'll give it a try".  This isn't a major investment, so thank you, SJP!

Sarah Jessica Parker in Prabal Gurung in NYC (Sept. 2011)
 
Bottega Veneta (net-a-porter.com)
 
I personally prefer this color combo with red (being the deeper color) on the bottom.  As we know with black, it's a more slimming look with the darker color on the lower half of the body.  Keeping accessories simple and neutral is the key to not overdoing this look.  Adding black, nudes, or blush tone accessories allows the outfit to carry the look while still pulling it all together.  These are a few of my favorites:


1
2
3
5
4

6


8
7




1   James Perse tshirt (farfetch.com)
2   DVF sleeveless blouse (farfetch.com)
3   Equipment blouse (farfetch.com) 
4    Givenchy Antigona envelope clutch (bergdorfgoodman.com)
5   Cache wavy hoop necklace (cache.com)

6   Jenni Kayne wide leg trousers (shopbop.com)
7    Bebe Zahara leather slingbacks (bebe.com)
8   Bebe Mariah satin peep toe pump (bebe.com)

A way to ease into this pink/red color combo look is by taking a neutral color outfit and pairing it with pink/red accessories.  Wear your black or white and accessorize it with a pink/red handbag, shoe, or piece of jewelry.  Maybe be a little bold and try out the nail art or ombre lip trend.  A few faves:


Colin Stuart for Victoria's Secret
Rebecca Minkoff (available April)
Nail art
Ombre lips
Stone stretch bracelet (fantasyjewelrybox.com)
I would also like to share a couple of pink/red home decor ideas.  The first one may be a little overwhelming for some.  I understand that investing in a red velvet couch or painting a wall pink may be difficult to justify.  What about adding a couple of  pink/red accent pieces, such as throw pillows, lamps, or paintings?

Miles Redd design
Amanda Nisbet design
Or maybe this??? haha


So, to leave you with a just a couple of final pink/red images on Valentine's Day...
 

Victoria's Secret



Miel bon bon macaroons

Life is precious...surround yourself with those you love!

XO
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! love that Rebecca Minkoff purse. i just bought hot pink pants and orange blouse and I am looking forward wearing it:)

    http://stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete